Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday And Other Ramblings

Well Hello....ok, wait....is anyone still reading my blog? I know I haven't posted in awhile.  I was down and out with bronchitis!  No fun at all.  I am finally getting back on my feet.  I missed a whole week of exercise and let me tell you that I REALLY did miss it.  I never thought I'd be so happy to get back to the gym.
My eating has been ok although I have not counted points or tracked the way that I should have.  I did however, keep myself aware of what I was putting in my mouth.  I went out to dinner with friends and made sure to look at the menu online before I went so that I could make a healthy choice.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich with avocado and some sweet potato fries.  AND...I drank water!!!!!  Yippee!!!  No soda and no alcohol.  I did have dessert though because they have the oreo cookie ice cream that I just love.  I felt very satisfied after my meal.  I didn't feel overly full and I was feeling guilty for eating dessert.
I have not been to a Weight Watcher meeting in about three weeks now.  I WILL be going this week and I will let you know the results.  I don't think that I have gained any but I don't feel like I have lost what I wanted either.  Oh well, I will find out on Wednesday.
I am thinking of signing up to run a 5k in June on Father's Day.  It just makes me nervous because I am NOT a runner.  I had gotten up to about the 4th week (I think) of the Couch to 5k program before I started doing other things at the gym.  I think I am going to try to give it another shot.  I asked the trainer at the gym to make up a plan for me.  I will see what he comes up with and let you know how I am making out.
So, its off to get ready to enjoy the Super Bowl.  I am routing for Pittsburgh since Philly got knocked out.  Until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment