Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Must Take It Easy For A Bit

A new year!!!  Whew!!  What a whirlwind of a holiday season we had.  It was busy, exciting, fun, a blessing, and exhausting all at the same time.  Now I am getting back into the groove of things. 
I have been tracking my food and also drinking a ton more water. I am concentrating on what my body is telling me and when I am full, I do not eat...hmmm...imagine that!?!? I get weighed tomorrow so we will see how I am doing.  I know I shouldn't focus so much on the number on the scale, but it is hard not to.
I have been going to the gym and doing my weights and cardio and I am taking on SPIN class a week.  I noticed that during my SPIN class, when my heart rate gets elevated, I start to get a really bad headache.  At first I didn't think anything of it, but then it happened again.  It then happened when I was doing some intense (well, intense to me, lol) weight training.  I knew that I had not been feeling myself lately.  I just felt kind of sluggish and just plain tired.
So, I went to the doctor and guess what???  I have bronchitis!!!  UGH!!!!  Well, I am thanking God that it is not anything more serious, because I was really worried about my blood pressure, etc.  So, the doc said to take it easy for a few days and he gave me some antibiotics.  We are also going to get some blood work done, but all should be ok.  Once I get back to feeling like myself I am going right back to SPIN class hoping that the headaches will be gone.
I think I might start posting my weight numbers just so that I can keep myself more accountable.....its just so daunting....I will have to think about it.
Well, until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment