Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Feel Like A Real Rider

Happy Fourth of July!!

Its such a beautiful day.  The weather is a little hot but I don't mind it at all.  I am enjoying this day off.  I figured since my daughter was taking a nap, I'd take my bike out for a ride.  I got to the trail and it was empty! Yes!!!  I wouldn't have to worry about the walkers or anyone else.
I intended to do 10 laps.  I got my shoes, helmet and gloves on.  Put the water bottle in the cage and headed to the trail.  I hopped on the bike and started to pedal....something didn't feel right.  I was saying to myself, "hmmm something is going on" and before I knew it, I was on the ground!  Yep, while I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the bike, I completely forgot that I was clipped in and went straight down....HARD!!!  I scrapped my knees and my midsection (read fat gut) hit the drop bars....ugh!!!  I'm ok, but the minute I got up, I said to myself, "you are now a real rider" since all of my rider friends told me that I would eventually take my first dive.
Sorry no pictures since I was alone. However, I am sure it was not a pretty sight to see me laying on the ground....lol.
I didn't get my ride in because now the brakes are rubbing the tires and I need air in the tires too.  I think also think the drop bar is crooked so I will be taking it to the shop this week just to have them look at it and to give me peace of mind that all is ok with the bike. :-)
So, I am back home and sweaty although not from a workout. :-( I will have to see if I can get some other type of activity in for the day.
Hope you all are having a great day!  Until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.
How long did it take you to have your first fall once you started using clipless pedals?

No comments:

Post a Comment