Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Small Victories, One Step At A Time

I am making progress and getting used to my new eating plan.  I have been having protein shakes for breakfast around 630 or 700 am and then around 1000am I will have a piece of fruit or some greek yogurt.  I am also working on my water consumption and although it has not been great, it is improving.  I still have my one cup of coffee in the morning.  That is something that I just don't want to get rid of.  At least not right now.  I managed to get to the gym yesterday morning and although I was only able to squeeze in 20 minutes on the bike, I was proud of myself for at least getting there.  I had been on this terrible procrastination streak with the gym.  Every evening I was saying that I would go to the gym the next mornng.  Sadly, 9 out of 10 times I never made it.  It is easy to get out of your routine and make excuses as to why you cannot make it.  
I was so proud of myself last night.  My daughter had tennis lessons and she did excellent.  She is really doing well and she really likes it too.  Anyway, she wanted a cheeseburger for dinner so I stopped on the way home to get her one.  I wasn't really hungry so instead of allowing myself to eat something that I shouldn't I just opted to drink a protein shake.  YES!!!  It was a victory for me!!!  I felt great about my decision too.  It may have been a small victory, but it was a victory non the less. Hey, I am taking things one step at a time these days.  Slow and steady will win this race!!
Until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment