Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Weekend Whirlwind

Whew what a weekend!  We went on a little getaway to D.C. and what a blast we had.  I took my daughter to see her first ever WNBA game and she loved every minute of it.  The highlight of the game for her was when she was dancing and they put her up on the big screen!  I think at that moment she was the happiest little girl in the world.  Seeing her face and feeling her hug me just made my day!
I made sure to keep myself aware of what I was eating.  Some friends had us over to their house before the game for some lunch.  I had chicken salad with some delicious pita chips.  I had a couple of pieces of tortellini and salami from the pasta salad, and I had two (maybe three) deviled eggs.  I watched my portions and managed to not over do it.  For dessert we had some out of ths world sweet watermelon.  What a way to cap off a meal.  During the game I had some popcorn and some water.
I really do need to get back on the exercise track!  I can definitely feel myself slipping.  I did manage to take a little walk around the parking lot at work yesterday and it felt good.  I can tell though that I have lost some of my cardio that I worked so hard to gain.  I will get ther again...I am determined!
Well, gotta go get some work done.  Until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment