Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Listening To My Body

Funny how something so simple as listening to my body is such a major thing in my journey.
I was at work wondering what I was going to eat for breakfast.  I had a protein shake a couple of hours earlier upon rising.  I was hungry but not starving.  I went to the cafeteria where I noticed they had an egg white omelette with cheddar cheese and grilled chicken.  Now prior to last week, I would have jumped on that as a healthy option.
I stood there, looked at the cook, (luckily I know him or he might have thought I was crazy) and decided not to order anything.  I instead opted for 1/2 of a bagel and topped it with some peanut butter and honey.  When I was finished eating, I truly felt satisfied and was proud of myself for not caving into something that I didn't need.
Hopefully I will continue to listen to and learn from my body.  This is only the beginning......

No comments:

Post a Comment