Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Raining Food

Ok, so by the title of this post, you should know this isn't going to be too good.  UGH!!
On Saturday I had a baby shower to attend.  I knew there would be lots of food and lots of snacks.  I made sure to eat healthy on Friday and Saturday morning.  As a matter of fact, I ate very light.  When I got to the shower, they had the snacks out.  I had some pretzels, some carrots, a couple of tortilla chips with some dip, and a few chocoloate covered pretzels (my weakness).  Then after playing some games, the main course started coming out.  They had cooked ham, turkey, string beans, pasta salad, and deviled eggs.  It seemed like the food just kept coming.  I decided to have a little of each.  I even used a small dessert plate (so what if they didn't realize that they had forgotten to put out the dinner sized plates until later) so that I could better control my portions. :-)  Although I went back for seconds, I don't feel like I overdid it.  I don't know how many points I used because I didn't even track that day.  We left before they served cake so I didn't have to worry about that.  Later on that evening I did have a couple of slices of pizza. 
So, even though I didn't do well that day, I don't feel bad because I am completely back on track.  And, I know that one day of poor eating is not going to sabotage my plan.....I WILL NOT LET IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment