Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Busy Weekend

Boy am I exhausted!  Woke up early Saturday to take my little girl to a birthday party.  It was at a huge playground in the park.  It was sooo much fun!  I wasn't sure what they were going to serve for food so I made sure that I at least had a healthy breakfast before leaving the house.  I had waffles topped with almond butter, yogurt, and strawberries.  It ends up that I didn't eat at the party aferall.  I only had a tast of the cupcake that my little girl coulnd't finish.  So, that was a big victory for me.  Once back home we played and then went for a walk around the neighborhood.  Although we walked at a slow pace, it was still considered exercise by me.  I was just glad to be moving around.  Yesterday I was up before 7am and got to the Y @ 715am.  For some reason I felt like swimming.  Let me just say that I could only do 2 laps and I was tired!!!  Exhausted!!!  Done!!! That little bit of swimming let me know how out of shape I am.  But, I felt like I still needed to workout some more.  So, I got on the elliptical for 20 minutes and then did some strength training for my shoulders and upper arms.  The I came home, showered and it was off to Maryland to visit some family.  It was fun, but there was so much traffic.  When I got home, I just wanted to crash but my little girl wanted to play and I had to get stuff ready for the week.  I did slip up yesterday and have McDonald's for lunch while we were on the road.  But I ate a decent dinner of baked tilapia and some corn.  My eating wasn't too great, but I don't feel like a failure!  We are into a new week and I am ready for great things to take place.  Here's to haqving a week of healthy eats and great exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment