Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Goals

I've been hearing a lot lately about goals.  I hear that everyone should have goals.  I hear that everyone should have something to work towards.  I hear that everyone should have something that they strive for and push for.  I hear that you should write your goals down so that you can see them and they become real.  Then I started looking inward.  I asked myself what are my goals? What am I fighting for?  What drives me?  What am I passionate about?  What am I working on?  You want to know what I came up with?  NOTHING!!!  Sure, I am working toward losing weight but it seems that I am not working hard enough or pushing diligently towards that goal everyday.  I feel like I am not really striving for anything.  So, what am I going to do to rectify this situation that I find myself in?  I need to think of some concrete goals and some ideas and dreams that I really and truly am passionate about.  I need to write these things down and hold myself accountable to these things.  Here are a couple of things that I want to work towards:
1. Lose weight
2. Become a healthier person
3. Take time for myself

I am going to start with these and see how it works.  Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut and have nothing to work towards?
Until next time, stay strong and eat healthy.

1 comment:

  1. When dealing with weight loss, this is usually the time of year that people start talking about goals and all. They went through the over-indulgence of Thanksgiving, and New Year's Resolutions are less than a month away. Having a daughter and wanting to be healthy for both you and her is enough motivation. The only thing you need is continuous action.

    I did P90X for three months and it worked great. I wasn't really trying to lose weight but rather to get into shape, as I felt myself take longer to wake up in the mornings. Once it was done, I stuck with alot of the foods and now I'm more or less a healthy person that doesn't really lose or gain much weight. It starts with the food you eat, then continues with the activities you do. Once you create a routine you don't have to think about or schedule, you'll be in the clear living a healthy life. It's takes different times for different people, but once you do it you'll realize how quickly life changes.

    ReplyDelete